┬áThe ongoing saga of me trying to establish a new workshop at the new house. I’ve written about it previously on this blog. It’s been nearly 10 months since we moved into the house and I thought that I would have been up and running long before this.

I finally finished the rear wall. The rear wall is now both insulated and painted. The interior wall is lined with plywood as I did with the sidewall. I will varnish the wall before starting to hang things on it.

All the wiring has been run for an excessive amount of power outlets, one of the outlets will have USB charging inbuilt. I’ve also pre-wired for a light above the bench with a switch just inside the door.

The next phase will be painting the wall with varnish or should I say varnishing the wall. then I will commence building a bench across the back wall. I am thinking about putting some drawers under the bench to store things but making sure that the bench top overhangs so I can clamp things to the edge. I will also be fitting a bench vice.

I’m hoping that this will be a practical and useful space because I don’t really feel like rebuilding it after this. As always there are some photos attached to this post showing the progress so far.

I’m hoping when I get the workshop up and running that I will do a collage of all the photos I’ve taken through the build. It’s been too hard to try to video the progress because I’ve got too much stuff in the way. Every time I work in the shop I have to play a massive game of Jenga to move things around so that I can do what I have to do. However this is slowly improving as I’m starting to put stuff away as I build storage and put shelves in etc.

So that’s it for this post and I hope that it won’t be too long before I do another one.